Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I have 20 years!

Week 41

March 24, 2014

Hey Guys!
Hope you had a great week!
I turned 20. Or, as a Peruvian would say, I have 20 years. That's kind of a lot. We kicked it off by my companion calling me up to help her get something and had me open the cabinet. I knew it was a trick. So what was in the cabinet? Oh nothing. She just used it as a distraction to crack a raw egg on my head and then pour flour on me! That was pretty fun! 
Then we went and had a lesson with Dante. He has family that are members but they don't come to church. One Sunday he just came to church on his own! We invited him to be baptized on the 12th of April and he said yes. Happy birthday to me!
Then we walked around a lot because no one was home.
Then the sister leaders made me real pancakes and they even found maple syrup. It was sohoho good. 
Also for my birthday we got another companion. She was serving in Venezuela but it's too dangerous, so there are only Venezuelan missionaries there now. This last transfer she wasn't allowed to leave her room because of the things happening outside. A member brought them food. She read everything. She's great!
But now there are transfers and she is going somewhere else. I'm staying here with Hermana Valverde! Woohoo! 
Also this week we had an awesome ward activity. The guys did free car washes.  While people were waiting for their cars, we gave them tours of the chapel. There were so many people that said they didn't know they were allowed in, or that they thought we were closed off people. but now they know we are not a cult!  And our churches are great. And now they will feel more comfortable to come on a Sunday
Anyhoo love you guys! I took pictures but the computer isn't recognizing my sd card reader....boo. But picture me in your heads. With egg and flour plastered on my head and dripping down my clothes. Have a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment