Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 20, 2014

Week 71

"got to see Hermana Coffey when we went to Juliaca"
Missionary life was great this week. We had some people who just “got it.” We have a less active who was coming back to church until some financial problems popped up and she need to work on Sunday because she needed MONEY for her daughter’s medical expenses. Her daughter got a lot better but she kept finding excuses not to come to church. We had a lesson and taught about attending church and she told us she didn't know if she would be able to come to church because she had to make lunch and that 8 was early. If it was at 10 she would be able to. What popped into my head was kind of scary but the truth. I told her that one day she will stand before God again and she will be asked why she didn't come to church. And would she feel comfortable giving him that reason? She just looked kind of startled, and was like “you’re right” and came to church on Sunday! I love it when it just finally clicks for them. I loved the talk in Conference about Which way do you face? Because when I get impressions to say something a little fuerte to people I can do it. Because God wants me to do it, and that has to be more important than what others want from me. We visited another less active. We asked her how she felt when she was baptized and she explained how incredible it was. I asked her how she felt now. She said she didn't even feel the Spirit anymore. We taught something really small and she came to church on Sunday. Questions have helped me this week to help others internalize what we are teaching. 

Love you so much and have a great week!




"I said goodbye to my housemate Hermana Allred, who finished her mission."

No comments:

Post a Comment