Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I am going to resurrect with a TON of hair!

September 15, 2014

Week 66


The Puno Plaza


Haha, that's what a lady in our ward said when we were talking about the resurrection, because not a single hair of your head will be lost. That's going to be so great!

This week was pretty crazy! On Tuesday, Hermana Hunter and I traveled to Cusco. And then she left me! It was so sad! I miss her! And then the next day we went to a training with President Harbertson and I got my next hija! She's great. Her name is Hermana Viricochea and is from Cochabamba Bolivia. She has been a missionary for 3 weeks! It is hard adapting to mission life but she is doing a great job and is a fast learner. Also, she already knows perfect Spanish so she is just jumping right in. 

Hermana Viricochea and I
The last Puno ice cream with Hermana Hunter


So we got back to Puno in the afternoon and we have mostly been going to get to know the members and gain some trust with them. Also with the Familia Luque, Nilton (the only non-member brother) is back and so we are working with him again! We had a great lesson with Ever about family history. He hadn't been working on it, but we found out the real reason why this time. I guess he has a lot of really bad memories from his grandparents, and he prefers to not remember. It was cool because we could talk about how he can do a great service for his grandparents, and they will have a different, much better relationship when they see each other again. 

Saying goodbye to the family Luque. We told them it was going to be a funny picture, but I guess they didn't hear that part. 


Also, speaking of temples, Luz Marina is going! I don't have details because the missionary I talked to had a transfer out of Ollanta one transfer ago, but she has had some serious health issues and even had to go to Cusco for treatment, but somehow, I don't know how, but has raised enough money to go to the temple. I am so proud of her and so happy for her! 

Well, that's pretty much been the week! We have seen some super cool thunder and lightening, as in the coolest I have seen in my life. It's been great!  Also, my name tag is kinda dying and sometimes falls off in inopportune moments, like when I was filling up my water bottle in the sink and my tag fell right into the toilet.  

I love you guys a ton and hope you have a fantastic week! 

Love, Hermana Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment