Wednesday, February 5, 2014

God Bless The USA

Week 34

February 3, 2014


I love America. And all things American. I got my package today! Thanks family! And happy Christmas! 

So we are still working with Roxana (Traci´s mom) and, wow, it is amazing. We were going to have a lesson and she had to reschedule, but she was like, could we just do a little prayer? It was so cute. And we gave her a pamphlet to read for the next lesson. She actually read it. People never do that on the first time! Okay, well I guess ¨never¨ doesn't work here anymore. And she is reading the Book of Mormon. This week we were walking to her house to teach her and I was thinking about what we had planned to teach her and it just didn't seem exactly right. And I told my companion and we chose something else but I still felt kind of iffy. Well when we got in there and were getting ready to start the actual lesson, I knew what to teach! We taught the law of chastity and it was the best! It was cool because she understood it´s importance very quickly, because she has seen many consequences in her life from breaking it. She is living with someone right now and it´s pretty bad, although he is gone far for work now. He hits her. And it makes me sick. But we can´t counsel people on personal decisions, just teach the doctrine. But we felt prompted to have her pray right then and there with us. And she did. Her prayer was so beautiful. She asked for forgiveness in her life, and she asked for help. She finished the prayer and we didn't even have to ask. She just told us, ¨I know it´s going to hurt, but I think I need to separate.¨ Wow. She is so amazing! She is changing so much and accepts what we teach! I know the Lord has prepared her, especially through her daughter´s baptism.

My favorite less active came to church Sunday! I love teaching him because his family is there to support him and he is so honest with us. He tells us his concerns and his complicatedish questions. And sometimes I don´t know how I teach in there. I really do feel like the Lord´s instrument. Like it´s not me teaching. Because things just come out of my mouth really well, and in an easy, bold, way. We had a lesson and he just prayed and gave thanks that people accepted him and were nice to him at church even though he left it for awhile. He thanked God and asked him to bless his angels who found his lost sheep. Oh man. That was a payday moment. I´m loving being on the mission! 

Also, I read this awesome quote this week. "There is neither man or woman in this church who is not on a mission. That mission will last as long as they live, and it´s to do good, to promote righteousness, to teach the principles of truth, and to prevail upon themselves and everybody around them to live those principles that they obtain eternal life." Pres. Brigham Young

Andddd, do family history!  Äs you receive priesthood ordinances in behalf of those who have died, you become a Savior on mount Zion for them (Obadiah 1:21). Your effort approaches the Spirit of the Savior´s atoning sacrifice -you perform a saving work for others that they cannot do for themselves.¨- True to the Faith. That was really strong to me too.

And sorry. I can´t really think of a funny story right now, but I love you guys and have a great week! 

Hermana Beckstead



No comments:

Post a Comment