Wednesday, December 4, 2013

They don´t teach you Spanish swear words in the MTC

Week 25

December 2, 2013


Helloooo!
This week we continued to work with the Rodriguez Family. We just have a special feeling about them. They have a ways to go but are progressing and I just know that one day they will get baptized. This week in my personal study I found a story in the Book of Mormon about a group of people who had their crops and things destroyed, and believed it was a punishment from God. When I read this story I almost couldn't believe it because it was almost exactly like what the Rodriguez Family told us from last week. Well these people in the Book of Mormon pressed forward, established the church more fully, and many were baptized. We all have trials but we can’t let the hard things get in the way of doing the most important things. I got to share these scriptures with the Rodriguez Family and that was really great. They are more excited now to get married and be keeping this commandment. We are working hard with them. 
The adventure of the week was when were conversing oh so nicely with a young woman who is about 20 years old (and lives next door to her parents) when her mom walks by and starts yelling at us to leave. Apparently she used a colorful variety of swear words but I didn't really understand because no one taught me those words (so lucky me!).  But the part I did understand was when she told us the next time we come back she was going to throw boiling water on us! Yikes! So that’s always a way to liven things up and get your morning going!

Hope you guys have a great week!
Pictures: Last Pday. This is some more of Ollanta. The little stream thing is the same kind of thing my comp fell in and lines the streets here. The bridge we had to take a picture of because it is terrifying beyond all reason. When we walk it feels like it’s going to break at any second. It reminds me of those bridges on playgrounds that kind of bounce around when you run across them. There is a sign that tells cars not to pass on it and one time a car passed on it while my comp and I were on it. Thought we were going to die. And a picture of a cuy (guinea pig) yum.

Love you tons!
Hermana Beckstead




No comments:

Post a Comment