Friday, December 27, 2013

Baby´s First Earthquake

Week 27

December 16, 2013


 Hey guys!
This week we had an awesome lesson with the Rodriguez Family. They told us that they feel the Book of Mormon is true because it testifies of Christ. Which is true. So that was the best ever. 

We have also been working a lot with less actives because the attendance rate here is about 30%. President Harbertson added a new indicator for us called less actives rescued. We teach the member the missionary lessons again and get them an interview with the bishop. We had been working a lot with this awesome old lady named Felicitas (the one that told me if I married her son she would brush my hair and do my laundry, haha) and she just had her interview!  Re-activation is just as, or more important than the baptisms, so it has been a blast working with her.

This week I learned why Ollanta doesn't have thieves. Apparently they still respect at least one Inkan law. I guess thieves have to walk through the square naked with a sign around their neck saying something about being a rat. And don´t worry, I didn't have to find out the hard way. It sounded kind of like a joke to me at first,too, but you can believe me. 

And about 1 1/2 hours ago there was an earthquake! Okay, I guess it was an earth tremor or something. But still, it was a fun first experience, although for a second I thought our roof was going to cave in. I had just finished my language study and we were listening to the song ¨His Hands¨. It got to the part about where they crucified Jesus which is really loud and intense and there is a video with it where there was the rain and lightening and then a real earthquake! It was quite the experience. Everyone gathered outside because it was pretty strong. Luz Marina thought it was the end of the world, haha. But everything is fine.

This week President Harbertson came for a Christmas party with us and another zone. We ate pizza which means NO RICE. Definitely a highlight. And for Christmas this year: Book of Mormons (or is it books of Mormon) for everyone! 

Hope you all had a great week and love you lots!
Hermana Beckstead



No comments:

Post a Comment