Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 11

August 26, 2013

Alpacas are friends, not food

Hey Everybody! This week was pretty spectacular. On Tuesday we went to Machu Picchu. One of the coolest parts was the bus ride to Machu Picchu up into the Andes. It was really beautiful. Peru is super cool. I also enjoyed hanging out with some llamas for a while, because I’ve been feeling a little llama deprived. Speaking of llamas, this week I ate alpaca with our pensionista. It wasn’t bad, but I have reached the decision that I like them better as friends.









This week we met a really cool lady, another reference of Hermana Juanita! This lady is in her late 70s but is young because her mother lived to be 115 years old and her father was 125, I think she said. She has cool gray and white hair and she’s nice and smiley. She is a recent find so we haven’t had the chance to teach her much yet but I’m very excited for her.
Also this week I learned that the Spirit works in interesting ways. We were walking and I had the thought come to my head that we were close to this one lady’s house and I shared this with my comp and she had just received the same thought. She told me this was this spirit working and we needed to stop by. We went to her house and I was excited for something spectacular. She wasn't home. But on the way back from her house we met a woman carrying a bunch of stuff so we helped her. She invited us to visit her in the market the next day and we did so. She is a recent find too, but I think we will have success with her. 
There is a less active we have been working with and this week his wife was sick. We were talking about having the elders come over to give her a blessing and she asked her husband something along the lines of why won’t you give me a blessing? This was a really cool moment. I think the Spirit is working on him to get him back active in the church. I hope he will. 
This week my comp asked someone if she was going to have a baby. She wasn't pregnant. Never guess! Ever. 
Speaking of my sweet comp, today we said goodbye. She has served the Lord faithfully and now its time to return home. It was a pleasure to serve with her and she taught me so much. I feel very blessed and it was hard to say goodbye. But this is why it is important to endure to the end. If we both do so, we can have a reunion in heaven. Now I am in a trio with the Urubamba sisters and tomorrow I will find out my new comp. 


Love you all lots and hope this week is the BEST for you!
Lots of love,
Hermana Beckstead


No comments:

Post a Comment