Monday, August 5, 2013

A SPIDER ON MY HEAD AND A CHICKEN HEART IN MY STOMACH

Week 8

August 5, 2013

This week I flicked a spider off my head.
This week I ate a chicken heart. It tasted like chicken except the texture was a little different.
This week we walked to a part of our area called Bandolista. It was kind of like a hike at ragged mountain, with about 180 stone steps at the end. It was fun. A member (who is AWESOME) accompanied us and translated the Quechua to Spanish for us. I was pretty confused though because Quechua might as well be Chinese and Spanish might as well be, well, Spanish. 
One thing I’m really excited about is that I am going to have the opportunity to teach English! There is one girl that I have helped a couple times while visiting at her house but I’m excited to hopefully be teaching a class, probably with the help of another American elder here. It’s really fun to try and explain English in Spanish. Challenging for sure, but I enjoy it.
Our investigator Luz Marina is doing swell. She attended church again and I think her baptismal date will hold.
One note- if you have an appointment with the missionaries, don’t be drunk when they come. Just saying. My companion is helping me learn how to tell when people are drunk, because apparently it isn't one of my strong points. Don’t worry though, I’m safe. My companion knows. 
Anyways, love you all and thanks for the emails! 
Love love love!

AND SHOUT OUT TO JAIDE!  EVERYONE CONGRATULATE AND HUG HER FOR ME PLEASE. :)  CONGRATS JAIDE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment