Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week 23

November 18, 2013




Well, this week we learned about the transfers. And I´m not being transfered! I am going to have 6 months in Ollanta and I couldn´t be happier! I am also keeping Hermana Olivares, so that´s the best.
We started working with a woman named Gladis. She is the niece of Hermana Juana (the pensionista). She has come to live with her aunt because of some health issues. Her health has declined to where she has limited physical capabilities (walking is difficult and she can´t speak). She understands everything that is going around her, only she can´t speak. She has  a little computer that she writes to us on. She is really amazing. For the difficulties she has been presented with I am amazed at how well she handles it. Still though, sometimes we will just be eating lunch or something and she will just start to cry. It has been cool to teach her. The other day we watched a mormon message about the woman who was in a plane accident and how she coped with that. Gladis really liked the video and it is a privilege to share with her about why we have challenges in this life.

This week is Thanksgiving? That´s crazy! Being here has really taught me how many things we have to be grateful for, mainly the GOSPEL! It is so awesome. Also, yesterday I was grateful for the lantern mom bought me. With the rainy season upon us, the electricity has gone out with more frequency.
This week I guess I had a little bit of an allergic reaction to an insect or contact with a plant or something because I started getting these blisters on my legs. I was just going to pop the blister, but I decided to ask Hna. Juana if she knew what it was. The doctor happened to be around (because of her niece) and he took a look. Blisters might have well been the plague by the way he reacted. And he did not like my idea of just popping the blisters. I still wasn't real worried about it, but he insisted on calling the president of the mission (this doctor was pretty enthusiastic about his job) and President gave him the go ahead to do whatever needed. So that´s how I ended up with two shots to the bottom and a bucketload of pills. So that was a fun new Peruvian experience!
Anyways, I hope you guys have a great week! Happy Thanksgiving! I am trying to resend a pic of pday shennanigans that I tried to send last week but was unsuccesful.  You guys are the best! Lots of love!
Hermana Beckstead


No comments:

Post a Comment