Friday, July 12, 2013

Emma's Going To Peru!

Week 5

July 11, 2013

Hellloooo! Hope you all had a great week!
This week I found out I am flying to Peru on Monday! Before I thought it was very likely that we would be here for 7 weeks then be re-assigned for a while because that is what has been happening to groups of Peru missionaries that reported to the MTC before me. It was very exciting to find out we're going to Peru after only being in the MTC 5 1/2 weeks instead of 6 or 7. I feel very blessed that the timing worked out so perfectly! My companion and both my roommates and others are going too. We do not have our visas, but are traveling on our passports. I think we can be there for a while as tourists and our visas will come while we are there or something, although I am not exactly sure.
TRAVEL PLANS!!!

In other news, Spanish is still a trial. I am glad the Lord has blessed me with this opportunity to learn Spanish, and am also grateful that He knows me well enough that He knew that if He had given me a harder language I would have pulled out all of my hair by now. Peru will hopefully help me learn faster though as I try my best and rely on the Lord.

This week we were teaching a man on skype and I told him to keep Saturday holy. Oh dear. It was pretty funny though.

Fourth of July was pretty fun here. In the evening we had a speaker and watched 17 Miracles (seriously good movie about the pioneers that everyone should see) and sang patriotic hymns. We then went outside, ate Magnum Chocolate ice cream bars, and watched fireworks that were going on at the Stadium of Fire. They were pretty good fireworks too. It was pretty great 





 I saw Sister Megan Matheson today! Woot!



Mostly I don't have much to say about this week because the main highlight is Peru and I don't really remember much else that happened. I will be sad to say goodbye to my investigators (especially Bryan) and teachers (especially Hermana Haycock) at the MTC but there is sooooooo much to look forward to. This mission is just getting started! Trust in the Lord!

Love you all!
  Hermana Beckstead



No comments:

Post a Comment